By trading standard vehicles for those with newer technology, Fleet Services finds more economic ways to reduce expenses and improve air quality.
Fleet Services recognized for use of electric and hybrid vehicles
The source for all your vehicle needs at IU
Fleet Services at Indiana University Bloomington—formerly known as the IU Motor Pool—provides safe, reliable, and cost-effective vehicles for all of your university transportation needs.
Whether you need to rent a car for university business or find a vehicle for your department to lease, we can partner with you to find the perfect solution.
Rent a vehicle
You can reserve a vehicle through FleetCommander, our online reservation system.Log in to FleetCommander
Diligence • Reliability • Integrity • Value • Excellence
Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service to our university customers. While we still have a fleet of daily rental vehicles in the Motor Pool, we also provide a variety of additional services to IU faculty, staff, and student groups who have university-related transportation needs.
We offer the following services:
- A full-service maintenance facility with Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified automotive technicians
- A fuel station with touchless car wash
- Vehicle detailing
- Department-assigned vehicles
- Assistance with purchasing and leasing equipment
- Off-road vehicle registration
- Sales of retired university vehicles