Located on the Bloomington campus, Fleet Services is the full-service, fleet management organization at Indiana University. We provide rentals, leases, vehicles for sale, and other transportation-related services for IU Bloomington, and also offer fleet program assistance at IUPUI and the IU regional campuses.
Contact us for any of your vehicle needs. We are conveniently located with easily accessible parking.Fleet Services
801 N. Range Road
Bloomington, IN 47408
Office phone: 812-855-3300
Service garage phone: 812-855-3303
Office: 6 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday
Service garage: 6 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday
Note: Our after-hours call-back service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have a vehicle emergency, call 812-855-3300 and there is an option to speak with a representative. You may also contact Facility Operations at 812-855-8728 to connect you with Fleet Services. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Services we provide
We provide a wide range of services, including:
- Vehicle rentals—We rent vehicles for short-term travel originating from the Bloomington campus. We provide marked university vehicles for travel between campuses or to anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
- Department-assigned vehicles for long-term use—If your department has frequent travel needs, or transports people, tools, or equipment on campus, then we can provide a department-assigned lease vehicle.
- Full-service automotive maintenance and repair—We have ASE-certified technicians on staff to service and repair your university vehicle. We also work closely with a group of contracted vendors who provide reasonably priced service.
- Sales of retired university vehicles—When a vehicle is retired from service, we offer it for sale to the local community or send it to a regional auction for sale.
- Assistance for IU units who need a vehicle—We can help IU departments and research teams locate and rent or lease vehicles for ongoing projects.
We work closely with other units on campus to provide additional transportation-related services to IU, and strive to provide exceptional service to the campus community.
Our partners include:
Disability Services Transportation Service
Student drivers are managed by a Fleet Services employee to provide door-to-door transportation for students with ambulatory disabilities.
Managed and operated by students, IU’s Safety Escort is funded by the Office of the Provost. Fleet Services provides office space, vehicles, and oversight for the program.
Motorist Assistance Program
Parking Operations provides the Motorist Assistance program for vehicles legally parked on the Bloomington campus. Fleet Services partners with them to provide the assistance you need to get back on your way. We can jump-start your vehicle, unlock your doors, or change a tire. We will even provide a gallon of fuel if you run out and are stranded.
We offer these services up to three times a year at no additional costs to motorists.
Campus Commute Shuttle
Fleet Services offers a direct billing option for university employees who use the Campus Commute shuttle service between the Bloomington and IUPUI campuses. If you are a university employee traveling between campuses for business purposes, you can charge your ticket to an approved account number.
Your transportation partners
Are you interested in ways Fleet Services can assist your department or team? Contact Amanda Wilson, Fleet Services Manager, at email@example.com.