IU Fleet Services Motor Pool and IUN Parking Services have partnered to provide a a full size cargo van available for daily, weekly, or monthly rental by IUN departments for their university business transportation needs.
Cargo Van Rental
Need a vehicle for more than four months?
Contact Amanda Wilson, Fleet Services Manager, at email@example.com to discuss lease options.
Information to know before you rent
There is some information you will need to have and credentials to acquire before you can rent a vehicle.
- An active profile in the FleetCommander system. We use Agile FleetCommander to manage reservations and billing for the Motor Pool. For access to the rental vehicle, you are required to have an active profile in the FleetCommander system. Create a new profile online.
- When setting up a profile, select the IUN Parking Services site.
- Select the department NW-IUN (IU NORTHWEST).
- Enter a valid seven digit university account number. This account number is a default value and can be changed with each reservation submitted.
- Complete the required fields for phone and email so we can contact you about your requested reservation if needed.
- An approved Motor Vehicle Records Check on file with the Office of Insurance, Loss Control and Claims (INLOCC). All drivers are required to have an MVR check. Not sure what your status is? Contact INLOCC to find out.
- Your destination, dates of travel, and your university account number. You will reserve your vehicle first with these pieces of information.
- Reservations for this site MUST be made at least two business days in advance of use. Weekend pick up requests need to be submitted by the Wednesday prior to the reservation date to allow time to schedule key pickup.
The reservation process
The process to rent a vehicle just takes a few steps:
- Reserve your vehicle in the FleetCommander system.
- Reservations for this site MUST be made 2 business days in advance.
- A Fleet Services staff member reviews your reservation, checking to make sure it’s complete.
- If we have all of the required information from you, we approve the reservation and assign a vehicle.
- A confirmation email is sent to the traveler, arranger (if different than the traveler), and the fiscal officer.
Any changes to the reservation can be requested through the FleetCommander system. Video instructions for making reservations are also available.
Picking up a vehicle
All vehicles are picked up from the NW Parking Services offices at Moraine Student Center, Room 113. The vehicle can be reserved for any day or time, though keys must be picked up during office hours - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
After your reservation is approved, we will reach out to schedule the key pickup date and time.
When you pick up your vehicle, we will go over information about fueling procedures and how to drop off your vehicle. We will also answer any questions you may have.
How to find usParking Services
3400 N Broadway
Moraine Student Center, Room 113
Available Virtually firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning a vehicle
When returning a vehicle, park in the Savannah/Moraine Student parking lot in the southwest corner of the lot and return the keys to Parking Services staff in Moraine Student Center, Room 113 during business hours.
Damage to the vehicle must be reported immediately. Accident and damage reports are the responsibility of the driver. If damage is not reported, the department may be charged for the full cost of repair. Report damage or accident
Accessing Your Reservations
To access a current and future reservation information in FleetCommander, click on the My Schedule option on the left menu. The list of current requests entered for or by the logged in user with links to the individual requests are displayed. Use these links to view, edit, or cancel a reservation.
To access a user's past reservations, change the My Schedule display to show All Requests. A list of all requests entered for or by the logged in user will be displayed. Reservations and trip receipts can be reviewed from this screen.